Share with Widgetbox

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Sacramental Theology

I am beginning to explore Sacramental Theology and Liturgy. I am on the beginning of the learning curve but wish to explore this issue both from a theological perspective and also to understand how sacrament helps those who are spiritual seekers to connect with "mystery" and "otherness".

I am hopeful that you, my faithful readership, can be a part of the process by sending or recommending resources that I can utilize.

I am going to my first ever Anglican service this coming Sunday morning.

Thank you as well for all of the love and encouragement I have received these past few weeks.

3 comments:

MysticalJase said...

This is a great time of the year to explore the liturgical traditions over holy week. Especially at Cathedrals. Palm Sunday this sunday.
No version of church is perfect but some have overemphasied to the point of loosing stuff. Good on you for exploring something different to your own tradition, no doubt some of it will be strange, odd but over time you will find aspects that you can take and apply to your own spiritual life and those you are pastoring.

Matt Stone said...

Hey, try Catholic too.

Steve Hayes said...

I suggest you read For the life of the world by Alexander Schmemann.