Share with Widgetbox

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Some other beginning's end

Amongst the wonderful thoughts and prayers that I have received in this time of turmoil and change someone quoted a line from "Closing Time" by Semisonic.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end."

Way back when God was making new beginning's from some other beginning's end. He did it with Adam, with Abraham, with Moses, with Paul and, ultimately, with Jesus.

When Jesus was nailed to the cross to die an ignominious death it was the end of what had seemed such a promising beginning. But there was a new beginning waiting to unfold.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring; I just know that I am trusting in the one who fashions new beginnings out of the unlikeliest materials.

3 comments:

wayno said...

Ah. Re-inventing ourselves is no picnic. I am there. This is where I am now: http://dhbctucson.org/wordpress/?p=192

That has been the most challenging thing for me. To bring God into the present of my situations.

Wayno

David Gladson said...

Your image and your last post really spoke to me... I am 1 1/2 years into healing from a divorce as well... There is hope, but the pain was the most intense I ever experienced... I hesitate - don't want to say much, as I know words can get lost... My prayer is that God has or will send you comrades who can sit with you in the pain and the darkness and walk with you in the pit. I found that such persons became little incarnations of Christ - reminding me that I was not alone and I/we would make it together... one day at a time.
David

Daniel said...

Thank you for posting this, it was timely for me. I have saved it in my files...