Share with Widgetbox

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nobody

"16For God expressed His love for the world in this way: He gave His only Son so that whoever believes in Him will not face everlasting destruction, but will have everlasting life." (The Voice)

I often think I'm a nobody; not as an act of false humility although that sometimes happens but because I feel like a nobody but I have come to realize that Jesus came for the nobodies. The verse above says "so that whoever believes in Him..." or we can translate it as "He gave His only Son for the nobodies who would believe in Him."

In pubs, gay bars, taxi rides and other places you find people who think they're nobody. I often come across people who pretend they're somebody in order to hide the face that they're a nobody. And even in the grand scheme of life the real somebodies and really nobodies.

I have recently come across a wonderful blog called Divine Nobodies. It is written by Jim Palmer "a nobody, neighbour and friend of all people." I wish I'd thought of that description first although I might steal it anyhow.

You can read about Jim's books here.

It just got me thinking is all. I feel like a nobody and I'm trying to get this pub church thing going and today I feel flat and frustrated but then again I have been found by a loving God who sought me out and gave me hope so today I pick myself up again and walk forward into God's future and God's plans.

No comments: