Share with Widgetbox

Thursday, November 13, 2008

God at The Gateway

Mark the date in your diaries - Tuesday November 11th, 2008. "The Spirit Well" began upstairs in "The Gateway" in Islington. I am so relieved, excited, inspired, blessed and satisfied and God is so wonderfully awesome. I am also extremely blessed in having so many people from across the globe praying and sending messages of support and encouragement.

I hadn't promoted the first meeting too much because I wanted to put out my vision and see if it resonated with the initial gathering. There were 5 people including myself and five others were due to come but couldn't make it so all the initial signs of life and need are encouraging.

Here is the schedule for the rest of this year and some ideas and thoughts for the future. I value and request input so feel free to add your comments and tell others to check out the blog, email me or join the facebook prayer group.

We are going to meet on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 7.30pm for a $5 meal in the bistro followed by the main meeting at 8pm.

Nov 25th - Short Film from Mosaic in LA followed by discussion

Dec 9th - The Advent Conspiracy - The Christmas story revisited

Dec 23rd - Christmas Party

One of the core group has extensive experience with liturgy and other ancient church practices and is keen to explore alt-worship events. I have been put in touch with a gay Christian in Sydney who is a top-class photographer and is putting together an exhibition of Christians who are seeking to bridge the gap between the church and the gay community. I am speaking to the pub about hosting a photographic exhibition in April or May next year. I am keen to get guest speakers in especially people who are prepared to explore spirituality and grace.

I am excited. God is definitely in control. For the first time in my ministry career I feel that I am where God wants me to be. Watch this space. I will try to be more diligent with blogging so thanks for your patience and love.

2 comments:

Zach said...

Les,

Godspeed my brother. I rejoice with you in this endeavor, and look forward to reading your blog.

Peace and all good to you and the The Spirit Well.

Theresa Seeber said...

You are bold and I am eager and willing to pray for you in this ministry. God bless you! Let's get praying! Make sure to keep us posted on Facebook. Come stop by my site, eyesofhope@wordpress.com and go to the "Gay Musings" post there. I would be honored by your presence there, and anyone else who would be kind and gracious to the others there. Thank you for letting us be a part of this with you!