Share with Widgetbox

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Humility

It's been said that humility is a strange thing; the minute you think you've got it you've lost it. I think I had it and lost it and now that I'm aware that I've lost it I think I may have found it again if you know what I mean.

The image for this particular post is just how I feel right now. I don't want this blog to be about me all the time as if this is some online pity party but I do want to be honest so I can successfully navigate the journey that God has called me to and, hopefully, inspire others along the way.

Today I am led to consider Psalm 25:1-3

"To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;

in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.

No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse."

Sometimes when we feel wretched before God and we survey the wreckage that can become our lives at times then we all that we have left is to kneel before God and bare our soul in humility. My prayer today is that I will not be put to shame. I will continue to drive a taxi, talk about God, work towards planting a missional community, be a dad and seek to be a good husband. In the midst of all of this I put my trust, once again, in God.

I took my eyes off the prize and have not always run a straight race but today I choose life and the goal to which I am called in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Myra Valcourt said...

"In the midst of all of this I put my trust, once again, in God.I took my eyes off the prize and have not always run a straight race but today I choose life and the goal to which I am called in Christ Jesus." I am reminded of what Micah says.. what does He require of us, but to do justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God.. your posts are so in tune with this brother.. it's an honour to call you a brother in the Lord..

blessings