Share with Widgetbox

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Update

For anyone who reads my posts I apologize for the lack of information. I could list a heap of excuses but it all sounds very unconvincing in the great scheme of things. I pulled out of the Masters of Counseling as I found it unrewarding and not all that challenging. I have enrolled on a Masters of Theology with Southern Cross College in Sydney. I am studying "Pentecostal Hermeneutics" and it is fantastic.

One of the interesting and scary things for me over the past few weeks is that I have had 3 "words" from different people saying that I will be in full-time ministry one day and that I am called to be a pastor. I am preaching a lot more and get a great response and am asked to return for more. It is all good.

So why do I feel like crap under the surface? Why do I need a referral to a psychiatrist? Why do I feel like giving up and lying in bed all day sometimes? I get up, I go to work, I do okay in my job, I am raising 3 boys and have a wife who is mostly contented with me (barring my moods) and yet...

I will continue to walk with God but sometimes it is so hard to make sense of the mess in my head.

3 comments:

Tauratinzwe said...

Here's a quote I find helpful:

"Can man truly know hope until he has touched despair?"

-- Someone

I also like this one:

" . . . but even a beginner can sense that there is something wrong when he professes to follow a crucified Lord and yet is discouraged by a few days of dryness.'

-- Thomas H. Green, S.J.
When the Well Runs Dry

If I remember correctly, even Jesus felt overwhelmed and down a few times.

Keep blogging. I find your words encouraging.

Kendall said...

Hey Les,

There are no easy answers to life...that is the way our Father God wants it. He wants us to search, travel, and desire answers, which only He can provide... the only problem is that He doesn't give clear cut answers that we can then separate from Him, and go on with living His life. Rather, as I have been learning, He would rather have us ponder the mysteries of life with Him...which means being in union with Him, as the Eastern Orthodox Church believes is our ultimate goal. In other words, it is more important to be in relationship with our loving Father God, rather than finding the answers in life. The answers to life is in the process of life, as we see Frodo realise in the "Lord of the Rings".

Your Long Lost World Traveling Mate

Anonymous said...

Great Blog.
I've found a militant atheist if you want to try and help him; he's at:

www.whyihatejesus.blogspot.com/

GBWY, James