Share with Widgetbox

Friday, April 13, 2007

Married Life

Today my wife and I have been married for 11 years.

11 happy years? 11 blissful years? Let's just leave it at 11 years.

This year I have come to realise some things:

Marriage is blooming hard work and anyone who says otherwise is in la-la land.

I have been a poor husband for much of our marriage. Some of this is due to my struggles but some of it is down to my selfishness and lack of regard for my wife. I finally believe that in 2007 I am "getting it". Some of the credit for "getting it" is down to our wonderful marriage counselor and also to my wife's grace and forgiveness.

Tonight we are going out for dinner and for the first time in a long, long time I can truly tell my wife that I love her and she has reason to believe me and trust me.

1 comment:

Colin A. Lamm said...

Happy belated anniversary!!!! I hope you had a great time and pray that this will be the best year yet!!!