Share with Widgetbox

Monday, January 03, 2005

Still A Child of the Wind

Bruce Cockburn wrote "I'm too old for the term but I'll use it anyway; I'll be a child of the wind till the end of my days."

This is my first venture into blogging. I don't know how much interest it will generate but I certainly need somewhere to record my thoughts.

I am 38 and married with 3 boys. I am an ordained Baptist Pastor, a prophet, a counselor, a father, a husband, a gardener, a friend, a thinker, a struggler, a writer, a joker, a learner, a disciple and a man in no particular order.

I currently struggle with chronic depression and OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder). I needed a space to diarise and to interact with others who are on a faith journey. I am keen to explore theology in practice. Life is not meant to be a bowl of cherries and my faith is worked out through the good times and the not so good times.

My other great passion is supporting Aston Villa Football Club. I am English and have lived in Australia since early 1998.

I trust this blog will be a useful endeavour. If nothing else it will clear some space in my head for more thoughts. Enjoy the journey. The destination is somewhat settled but the journey is up for grabs.

Cheers

Les.

No comments: